- Participation Posts (3): During the week.
- Initiating posts: 10:00 PM, Sat., Feb. 20.
- Responding posts: 10:00 PM, Monday,Feb. 22.
- Weekly Reflection: 10:00 PM, Tues. Feb. 16.
- Job Application Package: 10:00 PM, Feb. 22.
- Read, listen, and view to lectures as they are posted throughout the week.
- Complete weekly Participation Post assignments.
- One Initiating post should respond to the Bazerman reading. Identify and briefly describe five key ideas.
- One Initiating post should address any current issue related to the course.
- One Responding post should respond to one of your classmates’ posts.
- Complete Week 6 Reflection assignment. Due: Tues., Feb. 16, 10:00 PM.
- Complete the Job Application Packet assignment. Due: Feb. 22, 10:00 PM.
- Start work on Week 7 Reflection assignment. Due: Tues., Feb. 23, 10:00 PM.
- Review the Major Project Overview. Various components have different due dates.
- Review the Project Memo assignment. Due: March 4, 10:00 PM.
- Review the Critical Analysis of Science assignment. Peer-review draft due: March 10, 10:00 PM.
- Paradis, James G., and Muriel L. Zimmerman. The MIT Guide to Science and Engineering Communication. 2nd ed. Cambridge: The MIT Press, 2002. (Required textbook)
- Ch. 8: “Searching the Literature,” pp. 101-121.
- Bazerman, Charles. “What Written Knowledge Does: Three Examples of Written Discourse.” Shaping Written Knowledge: The Genre and Activity of the Experimental Article in Science. Madison: U of Wisconsin P, 1988. 18-48, see pp. 49-55. (Online reading)