Skip to content
- Read, listen, and view to lectures as they are posted throughout the week.
- Complete weekly Participation Post assignments.
- Two Initiating posts should respond to either the Campbell, Gross, and/or Halloran readings. For one of the readings identify and briefly describe five key ideas.
- The Responding post should respond to one of your classmates’ posts.
- Complete Week 2 Reflection assignment. Due: Tues., Jan. 26, 10:00 PM.
- Start work on Week 3 Reflection assignment. Due: Mon., Feb. 2, 10:00 PM.
- Start work on Rhetoric of Science Essay. Peer-review draft due: Feb. 6, 10:00 PM.
- Continue work on the Job Application Packet assignment. Due: Feb. 22, 10:00 PM.
- Campbell. John Angus. “The Polemical Mr. Darwin.” The Quarterly Journal of Speech 61.4 (1975): 375-390. (.pdf in Blackboard)
- Gross, Alan G. “On the Shoulder’s of Giants: Seventeenth-Century Optics as an Argument Field.” The Quarterly Journal of Speech 74.1 (1988): 1-17. (.pdf in Blackboard)
- Halloran, Michael. “The Birth of Molecular Biology: An Essay in the Rhetorical Criticism of Scientific Discourse.” Rhetoric Review 3.1 (1984): 70-83. (.pdf in Blackboard)