Skip to content
- Reading posts for April 5. Due: 12:00 PM. Please post to the appropriate Slack channel.
- One post should be framed as a question and one post should be framed as a comment.
- Topic: Writing: Technical Communication
- Texts to discuss
- Zappen, James P. “Rhetoric and Technical Communication: An Argument for Historical and Political Pluralism.” Journal of Business and Technical Writing 1.2 (1987): 29-44. (PDF available in Blackboard)
- Khan, M.U. “Maintenance Error Accidents.” (PDF of 7-slide PowerPoint available in Blackboard)
- Low Technical Writing handout. (PDF available in Blackboard)
Homework, to do for April 19
Homework, to read for April 19
- “What is Technical Communications?” TechWhirl. (Online reading)
- Miller, Carolyn R. “A Humanistic Rationale for Technical Writing.” College English 40.6 (Feb. 1979): 610-617.
- Rude, Carolyn D. “Mapping the Research Questions in Technical Communication.” Journal of Business and Technical Communication 23.2 (2009): 174-215.