Skip to content
- Reading posts for April 5. Due: 12:00 PM. Please post to the appropriate Slack channel.
- One post should be framed as a question and one post should be framed as a comment.
- Topic: Writing: Communication Studies
- Texts to discuss
- Barton, David, and Uta Papen. “What Is the Anthropology of Writing?” The Anthropology of Writing: Understanding Textually Mediated Worlds. 1st ed. London: Continuum, 2010. 3-32. (Online reading.)
- Schollmeier, Paul. “Toward a Rhetoric of Anthropology.” Social Epistemology: A Journal of Knowledge, Culture, and Policy 18.1 (2004): 59-69. (PDF available in Blackboard)
Homework, to do for April 14
Homework, to read for April 14
- Zappen, James P. “Rhetoric and Technical Communication: An Argument for Historical and Political Pluralism.” Journal of Business and Technical Writing 1.2 (1987): 29-44. (PDF available in Blackboard)
- Khan, M.U. “Maintenance Error Accidents.” (PDF of 7-slide PowerPoint available in Blackboard)
- Low Technical Writing Handout. (PDF available in Blackboard)